The top ten highest earning tennis players in 2020
Even though the season was cut short many players still managed to snatch a considerable amount of prize money.
The 2020 tennis season wasn't what many hoped it would be but even so, there was plenty of tennis and plenty of prize money won. Over 20 players managed to snatch more than a million dollars during this season and we are going to take a look at the top 10 of them. Seven of the top 10 players are from the ATP but it's good to see some WTA stars on the list as well.
The first on the list is Novak Djokovic who won 4 titles including the Australian Open. The 2nd on the list is Dominic Thiem who won only one title this year but it was a big one at the US Open. The 3rd on this list is surprisingly a woman and it's Sofia Kenin who had an incredible year winning the Australian Open and playing in the French Open final. Check out the full list below:
1) Novak Djokovic – $6,511,233 (including $76,075 from doubles)
2) Dominic Thiem – $6,030,756 (including $5,880 from doubles)
3) Sofia Kenin – 4,302,970 (including $115,389 from doubles)
4) Rafael Nadal – $3,881,202 (including $25,075 from doubles)
5) Daniil Medvedev $3,622,891 (including $15,221 from doubles)
6) Naomi Osaka – 3,352,755
7) Alexander Zverev $3,279,966 (including $24,889 from doubles)
8) Iga Switek – $2,261,213 (including $73, 626 from doubles)
9) Andrey Rublev $2,223,865 (including $54,378 from doubles)
10) Stefanos Tsitsipas $2,106,450 (including 13,218 from doubles)